If you have ever had to deal with tangled hair, you will understand how frustrating it can be and also the process of detangling it according to your hair type can be quite frustrating too.
The question most people ask is, what causes tangles, below are some of the reasons your hair can get tangled
- Harsh hair care products
- Massaging hair too hard while shampooing
- Heat styling
- Rubbing hair with a towel
- Not sleeping with a proper hair bonnet
- Not using the right hair tools
- Sleeping with your hair down
- Split ends
TIPS TO AVOID TANGLED HAIR
- Do detangle your hair before washing if you have hair that gets tangled easily.
- Shampoo on the scalp instead of shampooing hair strands directly.
- Apply conditioner and comb your hair or (finger detangle)to detangle and spread out the conditioner evenly. But be gentle because wet hair is more prone to shedding.
- Wear appropriate protective styles as these hairstyles keep the hair in position and avoid tangles.
- Get your hair trimmed occasionally, according to your hair type. Split ends cause tangles, making your hair look damaged and dry.
- Don’t rub your hair with a towel as it can cause tangled hair. Use a soft cotton t-shirt to dry your hair.
- Don’t sleep with open hair. Consider a packing hair up and using a satin bonnet
- Don’t sleep on a cotton pillowcase. Switch to silk pillowcases and avoid knotty hair the morning after.
- Avoid products that produce heat as they lead to hair damage. Hair damage obviously means more tangles.
- Over using shampoo to create more lather should be avoided as more foam doesn’t necessarily mean more efficient cleaning. It does more harm than good.
Below are also some of the products on our website that can help with tangles on wash day;
AFRICAN PRIDE PRE SHAMPOO; https://maneberry.com/product/african-pride-moisture-miracle-pre-shampoo/
AUNT JACKIE DETANGLER; https://maneberry.com/product/knot-on-my-watch-instant-detangling-therapy/
CLICK ON THE LINK TO SHOP DIRECTLY ON OUR WEBSITE OR SEND US A MESSAGE DIRECTLY TO WHTSAPP (09074128962)